Organisations need to change in order to respond and adapt to the continual pressure of internal and external developments.
- Business is likely to lose competitive edge and fail to meet the need of customers
- Business fail to take advantage of developing new technologies
- Customers need change creating demands for new products and providing opportunities
- Enables a business to grow and compete in its markets more effectively
- Helps an organisation cope with globalisation and other change in external environment
- Some companies initiate change in order to improve efficiency and productivity. This can help attract new customers, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs of production.